Re: WinTV PVR MPEG encoder

Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> > > Not quite, I've been improving the driver somewhat. I am just to busy to
> > > even post in that list for the moment. Maybe in a month I can post what
> > > I've done so far.
> >
> > Well, in the time you spent responding to this,
> > you could post a note to the pvr forum
> > saying, "I'm working on it, stay tuned...", no? ;)
>
>  Done. I'll post the driver later. No time today.

Just FYI:  I've borrowed a WinTV/PVR, picked some code lines from the
pvr tarball and put them into bttv 0.7.95 (released a few minuted ago).
bttv now handles the firmware upload for the altera chip, which means
that bttv now initializes the card to the point where analog sound
should be fully functional.  0.8.x likely follows with the next release.

The firmware file itself is not shipped, you have to pick that from the
driver CD (pvr45xxx.EXE, self-extracting zip archive which can be
unpacked with unzip).

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.