Videum Traveler (PCMCIA)

Hi!

I posted pretty much this same message to the iPAQ familiar list, but
nobody there was able to help me...hopefully someone here can.  I'm
trying to setup the Winnov VideumCam 2.0 Traveler PCMCIA camera as a
kind of web cam on an iPAQ.

Basically, what I'd like to happen is for the camera to

1) take a picture,
2) save it to a file (i.e. .jpg),
3) and have the file accessible via a webserver

I have numbers 1 and 3 working, it's just #2 that's giving me problems.
The documentation for vcat says to do something like this:

./vcat /dev/video0 | rawtoppm -bgr 320 240 | xv -

which obviously requires the netpbm libraries.  Well, I didn't see a
Familiar package for netpbm, but I did find one from Debian for the ARM
architecture, so I downloaded and extracted it on the skillcluster, and
copied the files I needed to my iPAQ.

Now I can do this:

./vcat /dev/video | ./rawtoppm -bgr 204 152 | ./ppmquant 256 |
./ppmtogif > test.gif

I can't get a picture any bigger than 204x152 even though the box says
the camera can go much higher - no matter what values I pass to vctrl,
it just returns with 204x152.  Is it possible to get a higher
resolution?  Also, I'd like to have more than 256 colors, which I guess
means using a .jpg or .png file...hopefully I'll have that figured out
shortly.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated it!

Thanks in advance,
Josh Levine