Re: Re: Re: Video4linux-list digest, Vol 1 #637 - 15 msgs (Out of Office auto reply)

Bill Eldridge wrote:

Mike Frisch wrote:

Wouldn't stopping the traffic at the source be better?

No, because the next person who goes on vacation will
do the same thing.

Sorry to disagree. The next person who goes on vacation and does the
same thing should be removed from the list as well.
How many subscribers has this list got ? Do you want every one of
us to go throught the same procedure ? How many minutes/hours spent
if we account all our time to do that ? If somebody removes him from this list
(or at least prevents accepting any replies from him until he's back) it
will be 1 person doing it (not hundreds or thousands).

Manuel

I think technically the appropriate way to handle this is
to go into your Mailman admin page and under Privacy section
"Hold posts with header value matching a specified regexp. (Details)"