Re: What am I doing wrong? IBMCAM not found

Quoting Steven Brunasso <sbrunasso@xxxxxxxx>:

> the software didn't get the information from the driver,

I am unsure what information the app didn't get from the driver. All
relevant ioctls (not many in v4l1 to begin with!) are implemented.

> But the USB driver is Slow to respond.

Could you please explain how you measure the response (and what you mean
by response?) Maybe you mean frame rate? If so then the bottleneck is not
in the driver, it is in hardware (read below).

> I'll have to look into why, and how to increase the size.

The image size, as produced by the sensor in the camera, is limited to
certain size. See http://www.linux-usb.org/ibmcam/ for details.

If you want to tell the camera to switch to a different image size then
use module parameter "size=..." where ... is a number, as documented in
the module itself (use modinfo to see those comments).

The smaller the image, the better FPS you get. The bandwidth of the USB
bus is about 1 MBps (camera can send up to 1022 bytes per transfer, 1000
times per second). Each pixel is usually from 1.5 to 3 bytes (see the web
site above for details). This allows you to calculate what FPS you can
possibly get in this or that case.

Dmitri

--
First off, I'd suggest printing out a copy of the GNU coding standards,
and NOT read it.  Burn them, it's a great symbolic gesture.