winTV / bttv capture code

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my winTV / bttv card. I have managed to get it
to work with xawtv in xolour (with the DRI module turned off because I have a
Rage 128 Pro), however with videodog and mvc the output is greyscale (Does
anyone know if this is normal?). I want to capture with my own software into
an RGB buffer ... using some code I had working with a philips webcam I get
a buffer full of zeros (a black screen). This uses the read() method for
reading the data. I am experimenting with using the alternative method
(using the mmap method and two calls ... ) but I also seem to get
grey images (I'm also having problems with the format of these but thats
another story). Does anyone have some simple code that does this for the
bttv card that they can let me have a look at?

Also does anyone know what window sizes / palette types the bttv driver
supports?

Many thanks

Derek Magee