Re: hi guys extremly new to V4L

Hiya,

I don't know much about the camera system that you are proposing to get
running, but about the APIs:

As far as I can tell, the home of the APIs is at
roadrunner.etc.swansea.somewhereinengland or something like that. This
website is highly weather-dependant, in the sense that it is officially
up, but you can only reach it sometimes, when the weather is good. As far
as I am aware there is no other home for the API docs. However, the pages
that can be seen on the roadrunner site are also more or less included
with the kernel. See:

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/API.html

in any recent kernel.

While the documents are not exactly the same, it does not matter, since
neither of them agree with what is actually implemented. I found my best
source of information after reading over the API.html file was:

/usr/src/linux/include/linux/videodev.h

Of course none of these will really tell you how to work with the other
end of v4l, these APIs just cover the v4l to screen API, not the camera to
v4l mechanisms.

Richie