Re: Experiences with RH 7.2

On 23 Oct 01, at 16:33, Darragh O Flanagan (EEI) wrote:

> I was wondering if anybdy could shed some light on how v4l2 installs
> /performs with RH 7.2 out of the box?
[snip]

I'm a v4l newbie, and I never did get it working with RH7.1 and my
no-name bt878 card (part of a $29 video email kit from Cyber-
tainment, who no longer seems to exist).

However, I just did a fresh install of RH7.2, and guess what?
Other than default settings for Europe (PAL, etc) it works out of
the box.  It looks like it supports all 3 video inputs too.  Now if
I could just figure out where to set the defaults for xawtv to
NTSC...

I'm not sure about which devices 7.2 creates or other software
(like I said, I'm a newbie to this stuff) but it seems to work a
whole lot better than before.

[Shameless plug]:

I have no affiliation with these guys, but they're my favorite
discount hardware vendor (and they may still have some of these $29
kits left):

http://www.compgeeks.com

[end shameless plug]

HTH, Steve

Steve Arnold                           http://arnolds.dhs.org

Java is for staying up late while you program in Python...