Xawtv Problems

Hi there,

I have Redhat 7.1 Linux Kernal 2.4.2 with Hauppauge PCI WinTV card.  I have
been trying to get xawtv to work on my systems for weeks.  I came close to
insatlling it where it actually worked, but then everytime I ran it would
crash linux completely.   So, I have reinstalled the bttv driver over and
again, and installed the xawtv application.   This is the new error message I
get all the time now, xawtv temporarily opens, and closes right away, and in
the terminal I get the error:
This is xawtv-3.64, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.2-2)
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (XVideo)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  13 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  226

	Any suggestions?  The card works fine in Windows 2000.  I've tried
reinstalling xawtv and the bttv driver a few times and rebooting each time,
and nothing.
	One other note, I get this error when I unplug my usb camera and usb
scanner.  While the camera /scanner are installed the xawtv Window will open,
and stay open, but only given me one optionfor input, and that is Camera,
which does nothing...My camera doesn't even work with that option selected.
	If any one could send me in a direction to fix this, it would
be greatly appreaciated.  Who knows, maybe I can help you somewhere else.

Thanks,

Jeff
Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.redhat.com
Received-From-MTA: DNS; f04s01.cac.psu.edu
Arrival-Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:15:16 -0400

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [email protected]
Remote-MTA: DNS; mx.corp.redhat.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:15:17 -0400
--- Begin Message ---
Hi there,

I have Redhat 7.1 Linux Kernal 2.4.2 with Hauppauge PCI WinTV card.  I have
been trying to get xawtv to work on my systems for weeks.  I came close but
everytime it did run it would crash linux completely.  Now, this is what I
get when I type: xawtv:
This is xawtv-3.64, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.2-2)
can't open /dev/video0: Device or resource busy
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/video0: Device or resource busy
v4l: open /dev/video0: Device or resource busy
no video grabber device available

Also, my modules.conf file looks corrupt, here's what is in that file:
alias eth0 tulip
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias sound-slot-0 ymfpci
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null
2>&1 || :
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias usb-controller usb-uhci

Any suggestions?  The card works fine in Windows 2000.  I've tried
reinstalling xawtv and the bttv driver a few times and rebooting each time,
and nothing.  If any one could send me in a direction to fix this, it would
be greatly appreaciated.  Who knows, maybe I can help you somewhere else.

Thanks,

Jeff

--- End Message ---