RE: Newbie question - webcam as video security system and 4 port BT878

On 17 Oct 2001 at 9:06, Ted Herring wrote:

> You might check out www.pictioneers.com, they seem to have a solution.

Not only is the card I purchased from allthings.com.au identical to the
one at pictioneers.com, but their text is almost identical.  I'd venture
to guess pictioneers is buying their cards at $110 each at
allthings.com.au, and reselling them for $150.   Just a guess.

The software listed is all basic V4L2 software.   I personally prefer
the V4L2 driver from bytesex.org..  It was just easier to install, and
my experiences were the same.  Only one channel can be viewed at
a time:  If I open up xawtv 4 times, I get 4 pictures of the same thing.
If I change the channel on one, they all change to that channel.

Just for giggles I double-checked the windows software I recieved
with my card.  It does what my program does, just flips through the
channels, and grabs an image (but I have to admit, mine does a
much better job using vloopback).

Rick