Real products

Mike:

¿Where did you get this information?

PAL for RealProducer under Linux:
"VCAP_FORMAT=PAL /usr/local/bin/realproducer..."

Besides, I can't use v4lctl command.  If RealProducer is running, I get a
"device busy" error when entering any v4lctl command.  I am using 2.2.18,
do you think that this is the problem?

Thanks

Esteban
etapias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---------------------- Remitido por Esteban Tapias/BsAs/Telecom/AR con
      fecha 15/10/2001 09:58 ---------------------------Por favor, responda
      a video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Enviado por:   video4linux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx

Destinatarios:     video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
CC:

Asunto:        Re:Re:  OT: Real products
Clasificación:

>                I am working with Real Systems.  Real Server, Real
Producer and Real Player
>                are available for Linux at www.real.com.  Use the search
option with
>                "linux" to find the links.  Everything seems to work OK
except that I could
>                not get color images for PAL.
>
>                Let me know how it works.
>
>                Esteban

PAL for RealProducer under Linux:
"VCAP_FORMAT=PAL /usr/local/bin/realproducer..."

For the record, on kernel 2.2.x, I had the following problems:
1. early 2.2.x (pre bttv in kernel) all worked fine (used bttv 0.6.40
added in manually)

2. late 2.2.x (2.2.19 - bttv in kernel) severe video distortions, but
sound OK. Note that this kernel uses a 0.5.35 (ISTR) bttv, which I
believe to be the source of the problems with RealProducer (xawtv worked
fine)

I've now got RealProducer 8.5 working under 2.4.9-0.18 (RH Rawhide),
with the following comments:
RealProducer makes no attempt to change the audiomux in the soundcard.
This was also the case in 2.2.x, but not as much of a problem at the
time, since bttv loading also left the audio unmuted (but on whatever
source it was previously set with something like xawtv). In 2.4.x, the
bttv driver finishes its load with "audio mute on". You can compensate
for this by issuing "v4lctl volume mute off" immediately before running
RealProducer (and any other v4lctl controls you fancy).

I've had some issues with Real over this - the most I have got is that
Tech. Support have said that they will mention it to the developers who
are working on a new release (to be tested with RH7.1, standard kernel
2.4.2 - I *did* mention that they should at least keep up with the bug
fixes, but...)

Hope this helps.
Mike Onyskiw