Re: two CPIA cameras at once

Rick Romero wrote

Are you running two instances of motion?

Yes.

I'm attempting to do the same with a bttv card with 4 inputs, and up to 4 copies of motion..

This is a very different problem since the bttv card is not a USB device. This doesn't appear to be a generic V4L problem but restricted to USB V4L devices.

I believe the limitation arises (as someone pointed out) from the first USB camera allocating the entire USB bus bandwidth when a read is performed. If a second read is started on a second camera, an error is returned indicating that the resource is completely used.

It seems to me that that there should be some way for multiple USB cameras to work on the same platform without using userland semaphores as I have done.

Rich