GeForce2 - Which one ??

Hi, I'm about to buy a GeForce2 (MX 400 prob) am looking for the big red
danger signs.

1) On the nVidia site they have drivers, but are these reference drivers(for
the GPU) or card drivers for specific nVidia cards ?
2) Along the same lines, I'm looking at a ASUS just because I don't think
its a dodgey brand, is it worth spending the extra instead of getting say an
MSI, Leadtek, Gigabyte(bit?) etc ?

All in all I guess the main question here I'm trying to ask is:
Has anybody bought a GeForce2 card only to not get it working in Linux??

PS Not trying to clog up mailing lists with non technical q/a but I have
bought comp parts before only to not be able to use them in Linux & don't
want the same shananigans again.

  Damian Del Campo,  B.Eng (Comp Sys - Hons)
  Software Engineer,  SAGRN Project
  Phone  	08 8401 7037	(Flinders St)
  Fax      	08 8231 1385
  E-mail  	Damian.DelCampo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx