Re: mt2032 tuner initialization

Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> Gunther Mayer,

Nice work,
can you send me a complete diff, so I can test here too and switch to
your code then ?

I got several negative reports, so I would like these people to test
this patch too.

> I've now tried to initialize the mt2032 tuner when the bttv driver is
> loaded, in the voodoo200_init() method as you suggested. I'm not shure
> if all the steps are necessary, but I've tried to mimic the steps as
> outlined in the manual.
> In addition I had to remove the setting of register 3,4,8,9,10 in the
> mt2032_compute_freq() method, since for some reason, the card will not
> tune with these registers being set with this initialization. I have not
> yet experimented to see if there is just a single register or more that
> has this effect yet.

Please test, so we know exactly what triggers this behaviour.

> My card now tunes when coldbooted, but with much poorer performance
> (some channels aren't foudn initially, more noise etc.) than
> previously. I'll try to experiment more on this to see what's missing.

Currently I too get more noise than in windows.

> Lastly, isn't the mt2032 really an i2c device like the msp34** and thus
> deserves it's own module?

No extra module needed. Leave it in the tuner.c for the sake of userfriendliness.

-
Gunther