Re: v4l / v4l2 -- install and bugs?

On Wed, 2001-09-26 at 17:12, MIchael Osten wrote:

> I don't think that this is a bug with nvidia.  If you take a look at the
> zapping sourceforge page, some of the open bugs listed deal with this
> issue.  In speaking with the zapping developers, they had *no clue* what
> was going on.  I have the same symptoms using a matrox G-400 and a
> Voodoo3.

Well, with 'Load "v4l"' in my XFree86 config file, I get 0% cpu usage
with zapping. Zapping reports it's using XVideo. I can get it open to
768x576 before it gives up and scales no more. Fullscreen mode here
appears to cause simply a black screen with a 768x567 tv image centered,
no res change at all.

Now, tomorrow I'm going to install the latest nivia drivers and see what
happens. Then I'll combine that with the latest v4l2/bttv2 stuff I can
find, and see again. I'll report back, but I'm not confident of what I'm
doing since, well, the whole idea of grabbing this that and whatever
from multiple "vendors" is highly fragmented. Quite frankly, I don't
have a clue who to "file bugs on" when I see a problem such as high cpu
usage or lack of hardware scaling.

jg