Re: FlyVideo 98 tuner

Hello,

I´m using a Flyvideo 98 FM with the following configuration on modules.conf

#LifeView
options bttv pll=1 card=56 radio=1
options tuner debug=1 type=2

As you see tuner = 2.
And it is working very fine with  all version until kernel 2.4.7 - the one
I´m using now.
Sds,

Daniel
Genius Instituto de Tecnologia

                    Marius Gedminas
                    <marius.gedminas@uosis.        To:     video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                    mif.vu.lt>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                       Subject:      FlyVideo 98 tuner
                    video4linux-list-admin@
                    redhat.com

                    09/02/01 09:23 PM
                    Please respond to
                    video4linux-list

I'm trying to make a FlyVideo 98 card work under Linux without any
results.  What tuner type should I use?  There's a sticker on the card
saying "PAL-DK", but neither insmod tuner type=16 (Temic PAL_DK (4016
FY5)), nor type=23 (Philips PAL_DK) work.  In fact I've unsuccessfully
tried all PAL tuner types.  Is there anything else besides the tuner
type that I should check?  (I'm also not quite if I'm using the correct
frequency table should I us).

I can see blue screen (no signal) on composite and S-Video inputs, and
random noise on TV input, so I assume I still haven't found the correct
tuner type.

(The card works under Win98 BTW).

I'm using bttv 0.7.x that came with kernel 2.4.8.

Marius Gedminas
--
Lost packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3, reward $$$.
                     -- Eric^2 on Slashdot