Hauppauge DVB-s

pa3gcu writes:
 > I asked a while ago for help on this card, i got one mail which was much
 > apprciated.
 > Now a real plee for help, HOWTO get this card working under linux, all the
 > information i can find is either misleading or out of date.
 >
 > I have a few machines here kernels range from 2.2.19 to 2.4.2, i have
 > slackware i have redhat, makes no difference to me in which machine it is
 > placed as long as i can get it to work, i am sure someone here on this list
 > will have one of these cards and can tell me just how they get the dam things
 > to work.
 >
 > I've done endless reading and i have retrived many different programs and
 > differnt bttv files, last one was bttv-v4l2-0.1.0.tgz but its not compatable
 > with 2.4.x kernels.

The Haupauge DVB-s has nothing to do with bttv. You need the drivers
from www.linuxtv.org. Don't get confused Haupauge DVB-s and
Siemens/Technotrend DVB cards are all more or less the same. If you
have problems, ask on the linux-dvb mailing list which can also be
found on linuxtv.org.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                     http://www.metzlerbros.de