Two Bt878 cards, one for overlay, the other for saving images to disk

Greetings,

	Some background: our company develops video surveillance systems
and at the moment we are in the process of switching development platform
to Linux. Some time ago I tried to get a WinNT machine to use two
Hauppauge Impact PCI cards but could not get it right. I contacted Hauppauge
but they said "it is not possible to use two cards as hardware conflicts
will occur." Yesterday I put two cards in a Linux machine (Best Linux
2000 R2) and in no time I had two overlays on screen with CPU at 0%
most of the time. Perfect. Now I want to do the following: have one card
do the overlay and the other (or maybe two others, or more) do single-shot
grabs a'la time-lapse recorder. The incoming raw images from this other card
must be compressed and I am going to use some kind of compression board,
maybe one based on the Analog Devices ADV-JP2000 (that is, if they write
Linux drivers for it.) What must happen is this: order this other card
to grab in to some buffer allocated by me, then feed that image data
to the compressor board and read compressed images back and write them to
disk. Simply put. I would also like to allocate many buffers and switch
the target on the fly, to implement a circular buffer.

Is this possible? I tried to follow this "Userspace DMA" thread but it
got too deep for me to consume.

	Thanks folks,

	Joni Kähärä
	Visi-Radio Oy