Re: TV-out PCI card

On Monday 20 August 2001 16:15, Alix Marchandise-Franquet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a TV-out PCI card for Linux (redhat 7.1).
>
> I have been looking at the following:
>
> - nVidia, but the cards listed were not PCI
>   http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux
>
> - xfree86.org, I got the ATI All-in-Wonder, but just read that TV-out
> isn't supported
>
> - GATOS says it doesn't support tv-out
> http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/faq.html

  I know it doesn't help you directly, but I have been working on ATI TV out
support off-and-on for a few months.  I have a laptop with an ATI Rage
Mobility M (Mach64 based) chipset.  I think Rage128 does things similarily.
Anyhow, I am able to write the interrupt calls to set TV out mode, but this
is rather useless on Linux.  So I used an emulator program and was able to
get a trace of the port accesses which are done when the bios call is done.
It's very long but I think I have most of it deciphered.  I'm now able to
write a linux program which enables the TV out port on Mach64 but I don't
have the timing loop worked out.  This means it doesn't sync.  If anyone
wants to take up this work, I can try to get it all together for you (or
perhaps it's in the GATOS CVS already.... I was told it would be added at
some point).

--

George Staikos