Re: to slow frame capturing

> Could you tell my what is the simplest way to display captured image on the
> screen with position marked (I detect the pupil in the eye image, so I detect
> pupil area using rectangle and want to draw rectangle on the image before I
> draw image on the screen). Are there any libries to do this?

Most applications use mitshm extension, so you capture into a shared memory
block and then use that to pass it rapidly to the Xserver. Since its a
pixmap you pass over you can then draw it and draw on it (ask X to draw
a rectangle)

I'm suprised Qt isnt doing that anyway (or maybe it has flags for it).

Take a look at xawtv, its a scary program in places but it shows you how
to use XShm extensions, how to use Xv (overlay) and also how to do it the
hard slow way