Re: No buffer space available

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 around 13:11:52 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> > You need the bigphysarea patch or reboot the machine and start the
> > application directly.
> > Further: you will notice under linux-2.4 the supplied driver does
> > not work well. You can fetch a beta from my website.
> >

> We need to merge the two at some point and probably make it use bootmem
> directly.

Bigphysarea uses bootmem already, the problem is more that i want to
share the allocated bootmem with other users/drivers.

> Be careful if you get the driver from the website, there are security fixes in
> the Linus tree version of the driver that may well not be in the web one yet

Most of them are in the beta too.
The Linus tree version of the driver is still based on the old i2c system
which is replaced in the beta, but i'm having problems how to integrate
it in the official tree without breaking older 7110 and 7111 driver users.

> Pauline - I'd like to have a working, secure driver in the tree using bootmem

Me too :)
If i'm not entiry mistaken the driver already sees the missing bigphysarea
symbols and compiles for kmalloc. Oh, can i use bootmem in a module?

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink