Re: loadable modules enabled

run \'make xconfig" ... brings up a gui version of make config. Then you can add whatever features you want and leave that rest untouched. I believe everything you want is under "Multimedia Devices -> Video4Linux." Then set what you want to "m." Forget about recompiling the kernel. You don't have to. just run "make dep" then "make modules" then switch to root (everything prior doesn't need root so don't use it) with "su" then "make modules_install" and your flying. Now as root run depmod and all the modprobe stuff should work. You don't even have to restart. Oh this will only work if your kernel has loadable module support compiled into it. I'm pretty sure the RH 7.1 installer does this but you can check by hitting the "Loadable module support" button in make xconfig.

Juan Gonzalo Mesa Restrepo wrote:

My question is if do exist a different way to enable the loadable modules without run make config or if do exist a way to stop the make config after made the proper change.

After installing Red Hat 7.1 the loadable modules are disables and to load the bttv driver, as is stated in the BTTV Mini-HOWTO:
4.2 Kernel Configuration,

	 "If not, you'll need to recompile your kernel with CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV and CONFIG_VIDEO_BT848
Enabled, preferably as loadable modules. See the Linux Kernel HOWTO for details on recompiling your kernel."
	After type make, linux ask to run make config and enable the the loadable modules .

To enable the loadable modules in necessary to run make config, but this to long and for a newbi in not an easy task.