Re: loadable modules enabled

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan Gonzalo Mesa Restrepo" <jmesar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 8:03 PM
Subject:  loadable modules enabled

> My question is if do exist a different way to enable the loadable modules
without run make config or if do exist a way to stop the make > config after
made the proper change.

Use "make menuconfig" - it'll let you quit at any time.  Others wiser than
me can advise you on whether there is an alternate way of enabling loadable
modules.  To be honest, I'm surprised the default RH kernel has the optiion
disabled.

It might be best for you to bite the bullet and learn how to build your own
kernel now - if you continue using Linux this won't be the last time you'll
need to do it.

All the best,
    Simon