Re: black stripes

> > I finally got it working "right" (?) at the full screen overlay mode
> > by specifying "fullscreen = 640x480" and adding "640x480" mode
> > for XFree86 config file.
>
> This fixed the problem because the horizontal capture resolution is now
> fixed at 640 pixels. The problem I was getting (and I'm assuming it's the
> same thing you're seeing) occurs when the tv card is asked to produce a
> picture that is greater than 768 pixels. If you experiment with resizing
> the window in non-fullscreen mode, you should be able to verify this. Bear
> in mind that the height of the window does also have an effect (make sure
> it's greater than about 300 pixels).

I'm not sure my experience match here.

in overlay mode, I don't see dissortions no matter what size I set the
non-full scree window, although it will refuse to scale beyond cetain size
what seems to be around 700x500, and to get bigger image I would have to
swtich to full-screen.

in grab display mode I get dissortions even at 640x480, and the bigger I
make the screen, the bigger the dissortion gets..although it seems to go
away if I switch to full screen mode, or make window as small as 300x200.

> > However, I have impression that this image is interlacted and that only
> > every other frame is being displayed. or so it seems to me, am I wrong
> > here?
>
> I'd imagine that you'll be getting some interlacing (because the tv card
> is being asked to show more lines [400] than there are in a single field
> [<300]). Every *frame* should be showing up, however.

the issue is that if I have, for example, an diagonal line on screen,
it wil appear jagged, and not smooth, perhaps kind of as if every other
line was missing.

I seem to recall someone posting on this list some url to a program
which would fuss two interlacted frames into one, and the screenshots
on that web page seemed about to correspond to what I see here. Although
I can't find that url anymore :(