Re: xfs

1) I use reserfs on all my partitions, but I have not benchmarked it
against ext2 (or any of the others).  On my Athlon 600, I get 13MByte/s
to disk without any problems (system load is around 12%).  The raw disk
can maintain 28MB/s, but I think the real bottleneck is the PCI bus, not
the fs.

2) I wrote a program to record to raw partitions a while ago, it is
available at http://www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/bttv, but I wouldn't suggest
using it - it is _old_, and I no longer support it...

-justin