Re: xfs

All,

I have measured the raw performance of reiserfs against ext2. the difference is a hit of around 10-15% (reiserfs is slower because of the journaling). However, this is offset by a very fast fsck (esp. with 100+GB) should you ever need to re-boot.

I use the meta/md drivers to do striping, and generally get 25 MB/s write rate with 3 drives, so the hit is not really a problem. FYI read rate is around 30-35 MB/s with 3 drives. This is just using the standard on-board UDMA IDE controllers.

Ed-T.

Peter Kaczowka wrote:
And also, in spite of the original mail asking for "personal mail", can
everyone who replies please cc this list, as is done below? I am also
interested, particularly in the performance of reiserfs.

Thanks,
Peter Kaczowka

"Gleicon S. Moraes" wrote:

No, but I am trying to remember who did a videocapture program who recorded
in a raw partition !
It was damn fast, but I can't remember the name.
If some of you are the developer, or remember the website, please, drop me a
line .

Regards