Re: Video4linux-list digest, Vol 1 #412 - 7 msgs

> > I'm trying to get video capture from all 4 inputs of a bttv
> > card simultanously ( multiplexed).  I've been doing this under
> > FreeBSD/OpenBSD following way:
> >
> > switch_input(0)
> > capture_frame(0)
> > switch_input(3)
> > capture_frame(3)
> >
> > This works ok, although the 25fps dives to 2-3fps with all 4 inputs
> > capturing.  I've got pthreaded mmaped capture going under Linux and I'm
> > wondering how I should go about this input switching problem?
> > Is there a better way to archive this under Linux? I'm gonna test this
> > method tonight:
> >

> This is a hardware problem. not a software one the bttv chip have one reader
> for pictures and thats it. The bttv does have 4 inputs for reading but these
> input are multiplexed in front of the reader. Sory, but if you wont to
> capture all 4 chanels you need 4 cards.
>
> Anders Gnistrup

I'm already demultiplexing the 4 channels to achive 4 video streams per
single bttv device. The problems is archieving higher framerates than
2-3fps per stream by improving the sync speed when switching between
inputs. I'm not asking for 4 channel 25fps capture.