Re: ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 8meg PCI

Daniel Vickers wrote:

Hi, I am using the RH7.1 Seawolf distro and am having a heck of a time getting the t.v portion of my

ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 8meg PCI working on linux.... It seems no mater how much I follow the instructions on Gato and the files in the Gatos distro that I can not get it to work at all... One of the main errors I get with what ever program I try after setup is no frame buffer device... Any help would be appriciated. If you need more info on the setup of my system, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel, I have the ATI TV Wonder successfully operating under
Mandrake 8.0 (kernel 2.4.3). The ATI TV Wonder uses the Bt878
chip. The configuration is as follows:
 1) In the /etc/modules file, the following entries are pertinent:
msp3400
tuner
bttv

2) In the /etc/modules.conf file, the following entries are pertitent:

alias char-major-81 bttv
alias tvcard0 bttv
options tuner type=2
options bttv  card=10

With these files setup as shown, xawtv runs successfully.
I hope this helps. Note that I never could get the ATI
TV Wonder to work under Caldera OpenLinux (kernel 2.2.10).

Phil