HDTV ? Theoretical-Pracitical Limits ?

-----------
By requiring the major broadcasting companies and their affiliates to deliver digital television broadcasts along with their current
analog signals, the FCC is slowly forcing television into the digital era. Thirty major markets went digital in 1999, and the FCC
wants to see digital signals for broadcasts by 2006. It appears that we're finally advancing beyond the poor picture quality that
has been the standard for television broadcasts for over half a century. At least that's the idea.
http://www.techtv.com/print/story/0,23102,3002876,00.html
-...
So what is HDTV? HDTV is defined as a digital broadcast with at least 720 to 1080 lines of resolution in a native 16:9 aspect ratio
format
-----------
I am curious if one hat lots of Processing Power and one server serving hdtv frames
There are sources I've seen mentioned here before http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/hipix_2.htm)

I want to ask Gerard also if the FFMPEG Project can be expanded do compress that to divx
can divx handle such resolutions ?

We just set up a brand new HDTV Digital Video Lab here at our University (well its not done...)

A machine that we have to use has a Rage 128 All in Wonder which certainly be good for playback - One would have to use a dedicated
Card for Grabbing ?

Hey I am just glad I am a Student in Live :)

cheers

Tobias