problem with tuner part of card...

Hi,

Have kernel 2.4.5 with bttv-0.7.68

I have a tv tuner card that appears to not be supported. On the box the card is called "TV Excel" and it has a Brooktree bt878 chipset. This card works under windows but i cant seem to get the tuner part (TV and Radio) working, composite and SVHS works fine.

On the card, the tuner is made by Philips and appears to be a FM1216/PH tuner, and another label on it has "95.FB878VC24.AXX" The tuner chip is make by Conexant and there are two other chips on the board, one made by NEC and another also by Philips. I have tried all possible combinations of card types and tuners and have still been unable to get the tuner section working. The driver that appeared to be closest to my card type was the PixelView PlayTV, however the audio still didnt work.

Anyone got any ideas or have the same type of card? Im not sure if this problem has been solved before, i only signed up to this a few days ago.