Re: NVrec release

Hello Justin,

Monday, June 18, 2001, 1:40:38 AM, you wrote:

JS> Hi everybody,  NVrec is now in a fairly usable form.  It has been
JS> cleaned up and significantly enhanced since the first releases, and
JS> should now be a very powerful/useful video capture tool for Linux.  The
JS> main features are:
JS>  * v4l1 and v4l2 video interfaces
JS>  * oss audio interface
JS>  * Quicktime4Linux (RTjpeg, YUV2 and RAW formats), AVI (DivX format) and
JS> NuppelVideo output formats (more can be added easily).
JS>  * deep buffering to minimise packet loss
JS>  * smooth frame dropping if you do have to drop any!
JS>  * perfect A/V sync (with audio stetcher)
JS>  * modular infrastucture make it easy to use for your own capture apps.

I'm sorry for bugging you with problems in areas which you probably
even didn't test yourself, but anyway.
1. v4l1 core has a fall-through in setting capture colorspace switch()
which causes DIVXRec to encore streams with completely wrong picture.
2. Something is broken on deeper level. When capturing with
bttv 0.8.16 and default module settings, resulting clip looks
jerky because each two consecutive frames are pixel-by-pixel the same.
If I insert module with 'gbuffers=32' option, I receive a slide show -
a picture changes with frequency of ~1 second.

--
Best regards,
 Eugene