Re: NVrec release

Justin Schoeman wrote:

> Hi everybody,  NVrec is now in a fairly usable form.  It has been
> cleaned up and significantly enhanced since the first releases, and
> should now be a very powerful/useful video capture tool for Linux.  The
> main features are:
>  * v4l1 and v4l2 video interfaces
>  * oss audio interface
>  * Quicktime4Linux (RTjpeg, YUV2 and RAW formats), AVI (DivX format) and
> NuppelVideo output formats (more can be added easily).
>  * deep buffering to minimise packet loss
>  * smooth frame dropping if you do have to drop any!
>  * perfect A/V sync (with audio stetcher)
>  * modular infrastucture make it easy to use for your own capture apps.
>
> Included tools are:
>  * Quicktime4Linux plugin to view/edit the RTJpeg encoded movies with
> xmovie/bcast2000
>  * qt2divx (Quicktime to DivX transcoder to make high quality AVI
> files).
>
> Use and enjoy!
>
> -justin
>
> (PS: Bug reports are always appreciated!)

First bug report: Homepage is:

http://www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/v4l2

And in response to Daniel's question, you always get perfect AV synch
(if not , send a bug report).  In fact, I have gone as far as to
hardcode a 10kHz offset into the oss sample rate, and within seconds the
audio and video was perfectly in synch (the audio being stretched to
match the video).

-justin