Re: kernel 2.4.5 problem

Hello,

pardon me for jumping in, but I have two questions regarding the
installation of the bttv driver which could be downloaded from
http://bytesex.org/bttv/ to all listmembers.

How exactly is the 'bytesex bttv' driver installed into the kernel tree
instead of the 'kernel bttv'? I have searched around but haven't been
able to find a type of cooking recipe how this is accomplished. I have
my kernel tree lieying under /usr/src/linux, and want to integrate the
'bytesex-bttv' tarball directly into my kernel sources. Is it possible
to simply unpack the tarball in /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video

Second question is, when will the 'kernel-bttv' release been updated to
a more recent release of bttv ?

Thanks in advance