Re: xawtv 3.49 and Philips webcams

You're right. It was my fault. However, I saw that format empirically (aka
reverse engineering) from the results of YOUR driver :-) when an
application requests a hardware unsupported format (like a 730/740 philips
webcam under a kernel 2.4.5 requested to deliver CIF or QCIF, while it, in
fact delivers a mixed up SIF or QSIF format).

I wrote down some quick and dirty conversion routines for openh323 stack
and I may tell you that the format is really ugly:

If the application requests QCIF, the driver, rather than failing, it says
it can deliver that format, but it instead delivers a padded/trimmed
format like this:

uuyyyyuuyyyy
vvyyyyvvyyyy

If the application requests CIF, the driver delivers:

yyuuyyyyuuyyyy
yyvvyyyyvvyyyy

If you want I may send you the application (pwlib/openh323/ohphone), my
conversion routines and my philips ToUcam Fun camera (just kidding about
the latter :-)

Regards,

Flavio.