Re: Can't complete the loop?!?

Robert Montgomery wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  Could someone please point me in the direction of some simple code to
>  capture video and immediately display it in a window on screen?

It isn't simple because you very likely have different formats for
video capture and screen display and therefore have to do some
color space conversions.

>  I have used Xawtv to do this already but would like to understand how
>  it works, and Xawtv is a bit too big for me to deal with. I can't see
>  where the image is actually sent to the window. I'm sure it's right
>  under my nose, but I'm blind to it.

You need to know something about X11 programming to find it.
Check the man page for XtAppAddWorkProc and grep the source
for work_rec.

  Gerd

--
Gerd Knorr <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxxx>