Re: ffserver - New branch project? Coosing Name

> > > averist (audio video encoded realtime internet streaming)
> >
> > i like this one
>
> I agree with Abraham on this one.  I like it.  You could also drop the 't' and
> have it be a play on avarice (one of the seven deadly sins - but hey, live a
> little..:)
>
> ian

Ja its true it would be just to drop that 't' - all the other acronym letters go in with only one too
Or how about referung to: 'audio video encoded realtime internet streaming time'
t = terminal , tie , technology , ...

I wasnt even conciously aware about the meaning of 'avarice' (I had to look it up ~ something like greed? Lacking access to my
wordnet browser in the moment)

but at any rate

it starts with 'A' that always stands for higher Ideals (Most voluntary aplied to the self)
than it contains 'ver' which is 'to see' in Spanish and [latin?]
'ist' is like it is (= 'to be' in 3 person singular in German)

with other words 'As you see it is'

Jup I think it could be A winner - I like it much !

cheers

Tobias

P.s.:
By the way - no I do not insult my creativity regularly with television
Matter of fact I can't remember when I last turned on one of those passive network outlets
I sometimes download a DivX with my http://phex.sourceforge.net