Re: Finding a radio FM card for Linux

Alves-Rosa Samuel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a radio tuner FM card supported by
> Linux. What kind of card ?
> I would like to have a card which is the standard card
> (like soundblaster for sound cards).
> The aim of this search is to make a program of my own
> to record Radio Stations. If it's possible, multiple
> recording with several Radio cards...
> Thanx (thousand excuses for the bad english from a
> poor french...)

	I've considered this myself at times.

	Linux supports nearly every fm radio card ever made. These cards do,
however, just output analog audio which you line into a sound card.

	IIRC, ADS Cadet cards are configured with isapnp and you could
theoretically put several cards in one box. They aren't cheap, and i
believe they're discontinued.

	Aztech/PackardBell cards are quite common, but the quality of the tuner
is not good, and they are only configurable on two i/o ports.

	It's possible that a tv+fm board with an 878 may be able to feed you
digital audio through the btaudio interface. I haven't heard of anyone
trying this, I could give it a shot on my hauppauge, probably.

	There may be other boards more suited to this task available in europe,
that others may be able to tell you about.

 - Eric