Problems with capturing video

Hi all!
        I am research assistant at KU. I am working now on capturing
video. I upgraded my kernel by obtaining appropriate drivers , packages
,etc to support "VideoForLinux2(TWO)" . I am capturing using OSPREY-100
capture card and then writing the captured video to file. I have set the
width , height , input format and pixel format by appropriate ioctl calls
in my program. But when i try to read the bytes from capture card the
values i get ARE NOT ACCURATE. For example i set pixel format to
V4L2_RGB565 but when i show a red paper before camera blue bits in video
dominate , vice-versa (with green noise). Due to this i am unable to
display properly by using X-WIndows display. CAN ANY 1 SUGGEST SOLUTION???

Thanks,

 sunil