Re: Streaming bttv webcam? How?

Jodie Reynolds wrote:

> At present, it appears to support http protocol, internally, AWESOMELY well.
>
> I'd also offer to add multicast support to SDR and transport over RTP/RTSP
> with OpenDivX SR-RTP and Congestion Manager.

	If you can contact Gerard please let me know, I been trying
to contact him, but I haven't received a reply. Even I'm
started to get paranoid about my mail server :(
	I been making a lot of hacking on ffmpeg, added diferents
algorithms for motion estimation, MMX code on SAD and DCT,
with this patches my ffmpeg is able to compress at real-time
with high quality turned on. I was geting 14 fps on my
PIII-450 at 320x240, now I get ~ 30fps using 80% of cpu.
Maybe the huffman coding could be improved.

	Also I found some bugs on the ME. And I will try a diferent
algoritm for the bit rate control, actually the TMN8
algorithm.
 	I'm not so happy with the quality achieved with high
quality mode (-hq), maybe it's the bit rate control (I
hope), or maybe there are some bugs somewhere....

> The machine next to me has been streaming RV to two machines for 42hrs,
> without X running, and with a load average of 0.90... Let's see RV Server
> claim that!

	I just give a little try on ffserver and I have bad
results, but I will concentrate on the core codec ....
	I have not see much more changes on the web pages
(sourceforge and proyectmayo).

Juan J. Sierralta P.
<juanjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>