Re: Automatically cutting commercials

Thomas Hargrove (ciagon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Out code right now does a lot more than VCR's can, such as station logo
> detection, audio fingerprinting, and a profile system.

I dont know about your stations but here in Brazil, the comercial are very
hard to detect because  TV stations cut from programs to comercials with a
fade out/fade in and avoid specific logo mark. Some years ago I think it would
be easier, they used a logo and a specific sound.

There is interesting system: they publish on sunday's newspaper all the shows
with some numbers. If u type this number, the VCR records the show!
Dont now about comercials , though. But maybe the VCR can decode the number
sent in vertical retrace(timestamp?) .

The URL:
http://www.estadao.com.br/cgi-ptl/divirtase/roteiros/tv.pl
show some thing like(for MTV):

13h00 Yo	66338
15h30 Real World 51845
18h00 Disk MTV 	46574
0h00  Amp 	588181

Does these numbers make any sense to u :) ?
Another way is detect logo watermarks. They put it on the corners, with no
particular order. Some put on up/left others on lower right.
Do U know any way to detect watermarks?

Regards,
Marco