Re: Re: Hauppauge WinTV and VIA Apollo Pro133A possible interference

From: "Amir C. Akhavan" <ac.akhavan@xxxxxx>

> To make a long story "short" the only parameter that actually helped
> was the already mentioned PCI Clk timing (latency).

Can somebody explain to me, what "PCI Clk latency" is (from the
technical side)??

> So the conclusion would be to *enable* PCI Peer Concurrency and

Dito.

> Even with all these settings, there are still distortions when other
> windows are moved and (really bad ones) under heavy disk i/o.

Just to mention it: with my WinTV Theater I get black horizontal lines
(shorter than the screen width) when ISA IRQs are occuring.

The one pixel thick black lines are more aggressive with overlay, less
on capture.

It's really bound to the IRQs, not to data transfers. E.g. it's easy
to make my (ISA) sound card raising some IRQs but don't let it play
something...

> Tekram DC-390 UW SCSI

This controller is the only thing I have in common with you.
(It's the DC390F, to be correct - a UW one.)

Bye,
	Robert