Re: Webcam (V4L-V4L2)

Matias Freytes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > There are a zillion RGB-YUV conversion routines out there,
> > including a reasonably fast one in the tarball of mine on
> > Gleicon's site.
>
> What about YUV420 to RGB565 fast conversion routines? Any hints?

That depends what you mean by fast. My stuff is all C++ but uses
precomputed lookup tables to achieve pretty good speed. I havn't
benchmarked it against any of the MMX implementations - if you want one
of those then any of the MPEG or DVD players is going to include
optimized conversion code.

The only thing other than the  YUV-RGB565 (which my stuff supports)
conversion that you need specifically foy YUV420 is to know what the
data layout is: It's the Y plane (w x h), followed by the U then V
planes each at (w/2 x h/2). This is assuming you're meaning V4L
VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV420P. If you mean AVI I420 then it's the same, and for
AVI YV12 it has the order of the U and V planes reversed.

Ben