RGB to MOV

I, me again :)

I think in Amir's solution (a bunch of JPEG files and the stereo sound), but
I've tried that before (and, as Gerd note, it's too mouch open/close
syscalls).

So, I better use the RGB raw single file option of streamer, something like:

        streamer -f rgb -F stereo ... -o movie.raw

The only problem is that I can't find any program that handles those files,
so I made my own :)

You can check it at

        http://abulafia.fciencias.unam.mx/~canek/rgb2mov/index.html

The program converts one RGB raw movie, to a Quicktime Uncompressed RGB
movie. It's reasonably fast, but you need A LOT of hard drive.

Also, the program can scale the video to any resolution, which I found very
usefull, because I grab in 320x240, and then scale to 480x480 (SVCD
resolution).

The scaling is made it with ImageMagick (because is the better quality
library I found) and in a frame per frame basis. As you can imagine, the
scaling process is SLOW AS HELL (3-4 frames per second; if anyone knows
better approaches, please drop me a line).

BUT THE QUALITY IS _*AWESOME*_! (and the MPEG-2 VBR encoded movies are
amazingly good, and very _very_ _*very*_ small).

When Gerd make streamer capable of grabbing QT movies in stereo, this little
program will be useless; but I hope someone find it usefull for now.

Canek
--
As far as anyone knows we're a nice, normal family.

		-- Homer Simpson
		   There's No Disgrace Like Home