Streaming Real server

Hi all,

I'm new to this mailing list. So excuse me if this is a known topic...

I have to build a Real Video streaming server. On realnetworks.com, they
suggest a Viewcast Osprey 100. This is a low cost analog card. But the
people at the video studio want to come into the computer with a digital
(SDI) signal. They want the best quality before it is encoded.

Does anybody have any experience with good middle range to high quality
video capture cards that works well with Linux ? Is there a place where I
can find an howto on setting up such a server ?

TIA

Norbert

Omedia sa              Av. de la Gare 38          CH1920 Martigny
Norbert Crettol                                 Internet services
nc@xxxxxxxxx                                  connexions, conseil
++41 27 722 04 50     http://www.omedia.ch        creation de Web