Re: [V4L] using esd with bttv instead of oss

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Hearing sound while watching tv while not having loaded the oss modules
> > but the es1370 module using xawtv
>
> You need es1370 loaded, you also need to turn it on at the mixer and raise
> the level of whichever input you attached it to

This I already did, es1370 loaded and working perfectly in xmms with mp3
for instance. /dev/mixer is for the es1370 (all the channels are fully
opened), and after loading tvmixer with the devnr=1 option /dev/mixer1
becomes the mixer for the tvcard, on this one everything is also tuned
wide open. Still no sound...
I had the debug options on all off the modules turned on and every
'hello world' message that should appear did. I'm really at a loss here.

--
Remco (a.k.a. spin)

"If you put a jackass in front of a roomful of people, he'll
 embarrass himself. If you put a jackass in front of a computer,
 he'll shame his family even unto the seventh generation."

-- Greg Knauss (7 August 2000)