[V4L] [update] xawtv and captions.

Update, I forgot mention in the patch itself that you
need to patch cc program itself.

Updated program iself is at :
	http://www.eax.com/other/run-captions

The patches against 'cc' and 'xawtv-remote' are at:

	http://www.eax.com/patches/xawtv.remote.diff
	http://www.eax.com/patches/xawtv.cc.diff

After you apply the patch and change font for xawtv.vtx.label.font
resource the captioning in xawtv is quite work and I have used it to
watch several movies, and it is neat.

Some ideas for future are :
	squze screen horizonatally by 20 lines or so and put captions
	at this bottom blank area of screen. In this way it does not
	shadow anything on screen. [got it to work]

	same as above but captions scroll from right to left instead of
	just pop up on screen. [no idea right now how to do scrolling,
	or what would be best way to make it scroll at same speed]

	captions scroll from bottom to up. Work it that old captions
	appears at line above (or below) and new captions shows at
	line below (or above). However it is fairly confusing.

	display captions as is, but make it on semi-transparent
	background instead of current black one so that it does not
	shadow off everything.

	make font size dynamic dependent on size of screen.

--
Adam
http://www.eax.com	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers