Re: [V4L] V4L-API stereo/mono?

From: Will Heyman <heyman@xxxxxxxx>

> > > How did you do this? I want to force my radio driver to mono as well.
> > > I tried:
> > >
> > >    va.mode  = VIDEO_SOUND_MONO;
> > >    ioctl (fd, VIDIOCSAUDIO, &va)
> > >
> > > with no results.
> >
> > This is the right and only approach. Maybe the driver currently does
> > not support this. - The radio-miropcm20.c didn't, neither, but I'm
> > rewriting it... [:
> >
> > > What am I missing? I know the card (WinTV 401) can do mono
> > > radio because the Windows radio application does it.
> >
> > I think your test program is very small. - A quote in full could be
> > helpful.
>
> I am using a modified version of radioclass.cc that came with rdj. Its a
> little long to
> mail...

I cant help you here, because I don't know what this program is
doing. Write your own short program to be sure. - It's basically one
open() and one ioctl()...
Look at the code I posted yesterday(?). Subject: multiple
tuners... (or something like that).

> > And check the driver! - You aren't using bttv.c, are you???
>
> Er. I guess I am. I have the 2.2.14 version of the kernel. What
> versions of stuff should I be using?

I don't know.
My question was somewhat unclear: What hardware are you using and
which driver is it using?

Further, please answer _all_ my questions from my first response to
your mail.

Ciao,
	Robert