Re: [V4L] V4L-API stereo/mono?

Hi Will!

From: Will Heyman <heyman@xxxxxxxx>
> Robert Siemer wrote:

> > I'm somewhat confused about the ioctl()s after reading
> > linux/Doc*/vid*/API.html.
> >
> > Via VIDIOCSAUDIO i can force my radio driver to mono sound.
>
> How did you do this? I want to force my radio driver to mono as well.
> I tried:
>
>    va.mode  = VIDEO_SOUND_MONO;
>    ioctl (fd, VIDIOCSAUDIO, &va)
>
> with no results.

This is the right and only approach. Maybe the driver currently does
not support this. - The radio-miropcm20.c didn't, neither, but I'm
rewriting it... [:

> I do a
>    ioctl (fd, VIDIOCGAUDIO, &va)
> before and after the VIDIOCSAUDIO and get the following:
>
> Before                After

> va.flags   = 0        va.flags   = 4

The driver changed its mind about beeing able to control the volume
here... --> fucked up. [:
(Or maybe it can only control it in mono mode... B-])

> va.mode    = 1        va.mode    = 1

It's showing VIDEO_SOUND_MONO here. This says nothing.

Compare with linux/include/linux/videodev.h near line 143. - I don't
know weather it changed.

> What am I missing? I know the card (WinTV 401) can do mono
> radio because the Windows radio application does it.

I think your test program is very small. - A quote in full could be
helpful.
And check the driver! - You aren't using bttv.c, are you???

Last but not least - why do you think you wasn't successful and it's
already mono!?

Ciao,
	Robert