Re: [V4L] Common V4L1/V4L2 interface layer

Gerd Knorr wrote:

> > Would it make sense to register multiple minors per card?
>
> IMHO not.  I can't see how this makes writing drivers easier.  It is just
> different.  With multiple minors you have one device context per minor
> number, with multiple opens you have one device context per filehandle.
> That's all.  Using multiple minors does'nt solve any real problems.
>
> Applications still might get -EBUSY if they try to capture because

I would like to avoid this. By my opinion -EBUSY should get library (if
ever, it should know the hw cannot do multiple captures and not to try open
it again, driver abble of it could allow start another capture with an
ioctl) serving for the application and solve the situation or offer a list
of possible sollutions.

--
Marian Jančár <mjanx123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>