Re: [V4L] V4L-API stereo/mono?

From: kraxel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gerd Knorr)

> So xawtv knows it is stereo if it gets "mono|stereo", unless the user has
> explicitly switched back to mono.

So what is (VIDIOCGTUNER) struct video_channel.flags |=
VIDEO_TUNER_STEREO_ON for?

Currently I would always switch back to stereo after changing the
frequency and always report 'mono|stereo' via VIDIOCGAUDIO.

I will use VIDIOCGTUNER flags|=V_T_STEREO_ON to show the user what the
station broadcasts...

Is this what the interface spec intended?
(Some drivers do it this way, some don't.)

> The idea is to allow applications to have a menu with all entries, and
> the ones which do not work are greyed out.

There are cases (stereo station, forced to mono) where I cant ask the
hardware about that...
When the application switches the frequency and immediately sets to
mono, shoud I report mono|stereo (for better grey out...) or nothing?
What when there is no station?

For my radio it would be somewhat straight forward to report always
mono|stereo and work with VIDEO_SOUND_STEREO_ON in case of...
This makes VIDIOCGAUDIO constant here (volume is doing the OSS-mixer
already)...
This solution already reports everything I can get from the hardware
via VIDIOCGTUNER!!

Many thanks,
		Robert