Re: [V4L] Good multiple port capture cards

Alex Holden wrote:

> I'm trying to find a high quality PCI video capture card with multiple
> input ports (which can be used simultaneously) that is supported by
> Linux and available in the UK. Failing that, a single port card which
> plays nicely when several of them are placed in the same machine. Audio,
> TV tuning, and teletext are not required. A hardware JPEG codec isn't
> currently required, but it would be preferrable to have in case I decide
> to support hardware assisted compression in my application in the future.

I'm interested in something similar, particularly if it is supported by
Realproducer 8.0 for Linux. Please can you sumarise back to the list
if yuou get any information Alex.

> I'm also trying to find the Linux Winnov Videum PCI driver-
> http://millennium.diads.com/bdirks/ seems to be non-existant.

I can help you on this one. Got mine working recently.
http://www.thedirks.org

Mike

--
Mike Dent, Morecambe, Lancs. UK | <http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/dentm>